- Company name
- MITOKU CO., LTD
- December 1 1959
- May 1 1969
- Representative Director
- Toyofumi Yoshida,President
Hamarikyu Intercity 1-9-1 Kaigan Minato-ku Tokyo 105-0022 Japan
Touun warehouse 3F 3-5-10
Kaigan Minato-ku Tokyo 108-0022 Japan
- Main Bank
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
Mizuho Bank, Ltd.
- Affiliated Company
- Exporting Japanese foods, soy sauce, miso, tea, sake, vinegars, dried plum, sea vegetables, noodles, snacks and machines over 200 products in 80 categories.
-Importing and distributing certified organic soy beans and raw ingredients
-Importing and distributing certified organic foods
-Importing and distributing natural cosmetics, Eco Lips and ECOCERT certified MADARA cosmetics and Cigale Bio
Greetings from our President
Mitoku has been a pioneering company in the organic foods sector in Japan, introducing traditional Japanese foods to over 40 countries worldwide and importing organic foods and cosmetics into Japan from 12 countries. Using our accumulated expertise in all things organic, we now handle a wide range of products as a specialist organic trader, from traditional foods and processed items to haircare and skincare products. More recently, we have also become involved in helping to improve the environments in which traditional food producers' works. These producers are facing serious issues relating to passing skills down to the next generation and the challenging of achieving attractive food craftmanship.
At Mitoku, we consider the creation and expansion of sales channels, both across Japan and internationally, as an important mission for us; this is our small contribution to ensuring that traditional production methods can survive and be passed down.
We are now in an age of food abundance, meaning that each of us needs to constantly evaluate the true nature of our ever-changing food landscape. The Japanese market is being impacted by a declining birthrate and an aging population, while international markets are seeing continued population growth, particularly among emerging nations. Politics, economies, and societies are experiencing agitation and upheaval at a worldwide level, and Japanese companies also need to be capable of timely and appropriate responses from a global perspective.
Going forward, our primary motivation will be continued to promote and recommend traditional Japanese foods that meet global standards to countries around the world, and to introduce to the Japanese market exceptional products from leading organic nations to the Japanese market.
We will continue to aim to achieve sustainable growth as a company by promoting and distributing attractive products across and beyond Japan.
- Akiyoshi Kazama appointed as Japanese agent to RAVENNA GmbH, importing electrical goods, cameras, and other merchandise.
- Trading begins in premium quality natural and traditional foods to distribute in the US, after being introduced to Mr. Michio Kushi, leader of the international macrobiotic movement.
- Corporate restructuring at RAVENNA leads to the establishment of MITOKU Co.,Ltd.
- Corporate capital increased to 10million yen as business grows. Business headquarters moved to new office in the prestigious Marunouchi Building.
- Begin importing organic soybeans.
- Begin importing organic skincare products produced by Aubrey Organics. (USA)
- Move to Hibiya Park Building in Yurakucho.
- Expansion of skincare and food operational departments prompts the creation of an integrated sales center in Tokyo's Minato district.
- Product centers for all skincare and food departments unified.
Expansion and streamlining of shipping services.
- Mail and WEB-Order department established.
- Begin importing organic lip balm produced by Eco Lips. (USA)
- Begin importing ECOCERT certified organic cosmetics by MADARA. (Latvia)
- Move to a new office in Tamachi.
- Toyofumi Yoshida took over as president of MITOKU Co.,Ltd.
- Begin importing ECOCERT certified organic soaps by SDA. (France)
- Outsource logistics for foods in Edogawa, Tokyo.
- 50th anniversary since 1969.
- We gratefully received the Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Award as an "excellent business operator working on exports in 2020".
- Along with business expansion the head office was relocated to Hamarikyu Intercity.